This is based on my sisters very sketchy recipe which we will probably look at changing
|Prep Time: 2 h ..||Cook Time: 1 h 30 m..||Total Time: 3 h 30m|
- 10 stick of lap cheung
- 16 shiitake mushroom
- 3 handfuls of dried shrimps
- 3 mooli
- 3 spring of spring onion
- A box of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Dice lap cheung into very small pieces and place it into a bowl. Repeat with shiitake mushrooms, dried shrimps and spring onions, placing each ingredient in a separate bowl
- Grate 1.5 mooli and squeeze the juice into a bowl and retain the mooli in a separate bowl. Retain both mooi and the juice so it can be used later
- Cut the remaining mooli into strips and retain for later use
- Stir fry lap cheung until it smells fragrant place it back into its bowl. Repeat with shiitake mushrooms, dried shrimps and spring onions.
- Stir fry both the grated mooli and the mooli strips in a massive wok or pan and then add lap cheung, shiitake mushrooms, dried shrimps and spring onions in and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar into the mixture and stir well.
- Add a box of cornstarch to mooli juices and stir well
- In a low heat slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the wok. Continue to mix until the mixture has stiffen and becomes paste like
- Place the mixture into individual containers (we used disposable foil containers) and steam for about 1 hour. To check if it is ready stick a toothpick in the middle and it should come out clean
When you are eat..
We sliced turnip cake sit it was about 3 x 4 x 5 cm and pan fried it till it was golden brown then serve