- Pour the Glutinous Rice Flour in a large bowl
- Pour a little water a at time, start mixing till it is a dough and it can come away from the bowl cleanly, continue to knead for 15-20m
- Take a small piece 2cmx2cm flatten it and place a small piece of chocolate in the centre. Then form into a ball and place onto a plate and repeat till you have no more dough. Once you finish you can cling film and place in the fridge for later
- Put 1 l of water and root of ginger into a pot, bring to boil.
- Add Tong Yuen and rock sugar to the ginger water and simmer till sugar has dissolved and the Tong Yuen are a little clear
- I served 6 Tong Yuen per person