- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Grease a baking tray
- Measure out the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the butter. Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir everything together. Knead the mixture together with your hands until you have formed a stiff dough
- Gently roll out the dough until it is 2cm thick. Cut out shapes with round biscuit cutters dipped in flour. Put the scones on a baking tray, brush them with milk
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Leave them on a cooling rack for 5 minutes